|Bama, Auburn teams to beat this week|
|Written by News Desk|
|Thursday, 21 August 2014 09:30|
By Don Pugh, Sports Prognosticator
Okay folks, back again. This week is the preview to the SEC West.
7. Arkansas should be improved on both sides of the ball, but that doesn't mean another last place SEC season is out of the question for the Razorbacks, who are still trying to rebuild and upgrade their roster after the whole Bobby Petrino fiasco. Qualifying for a bowl berth would be a significant step for Bielema, but a long road awaits and it starts opening weekend against Auburn and does not get smoother.
6. Mississippi State- Two things will be key to success this year. Dak Prescott and the defense. The Bulldogs are returning a lot of talent on defense and Prescott should be a dual threat at QB. Special teams will be a problem child and could cost them some close games.
5. Texas A&M- How do you replace Manziel, Evans and the other weapons the Aggies lost? You don't right away, and it may be a few years before A&M is again in the spotlight.
4. Ole Miss- The Rebel's play in perhaps the toughest division in college football, so a huge jump should not be expected. Ole Miss returns a ton of talent and will be a tough team and with a few upsets may find themselves atop the division. They will have to pull upsets against LSU, Alabama and Auburn to do this, but it can happen.
3. LSU- A rebuilding Tigers team could find it very hard to reach 10 wins this year. New faces are everywhere and no proven QB could be really bad news. A strong defense could be a savior but with Bama and Auburn on the schedule, it could be too much to ask.
2. Auburn- Again as in the East, this could be a tossup not decided until November 29th. Auburn is returning a ton of talent lead by QB Nick Marshall. The defense wasn't great last year but they lost some good ones that will be hard to replace. Instead of 12-2 last year Auburn could have been a 9 win team. If no magic comes out this year a repeat will be hard to do.
1. Alabama – The Tide has some holes to fill on defense but should have enough talent to be a tough squad. On the offense, Yeldon and Henry should be a great 1-2 punch. The QB position will be wide open, but I look for Coker to develop into a great replacement for McCarron.
Photo: Jordan Cox of Millbrook,vaccinating goats in rural Chongwe, Zambia.
By BRIAN HODGE
Zambia, like much of Eastern and Southern Africa, is dealing with an HIV/AIDS pandemic. While infection rates in Zambia are lower than the region at large and are on the decline, estimates are that 13-17% of the adult population is infected.
When Jordan Cox, a 22-year old nurse from Millbrook, got a chance to travel to Zambia and explore the possibility of healthcare and missionary work, it changed her life.Read more...
Former Elmore County representative Barry Mask resigned as CEO of the Alabama Realtors Association. The following was published this week by Inside Alabama Politics regarding Mask:
Black·face: the makeup used by a nonblack performer playing a black role. The role played is typically comedic or musical and usually is considered offensive.
It can also cause one to lose their job, just ask Barry Mask who resigned his position as CEO of the Alabama Realtors Association last week.Read more...
Photo: Jordan Cox of Millbrook,v accinating goats in rural Chongwe, Zambia.
First Community Bank President Michael Morgan Morgan presented the Elmore County...
|FOXNews.com - Breaking news and video. Latest Current News: U.S., World, Entertainment, Health, Business, Technology, Politics, Sports.|
|ESPN.com - TOP|
|Latest TOP news from ESPN.com|
|The Weather Channel: Your Local Weather Outlook--Millbrook, AL|
|Local Weather Outlook for Millbrook, AL. Since 1982, The Weather Channel has brought timely weather information to the world. Now via our Local Weather Outlook RSS feed we can keep you up-to-date on the latest weather affecting the cities of your choice including: current local conditions, local Doppler radar, pollen trends, regional video forecasts with expert commentary, and extended forecast details delivered right to your desktop. The Weather Channel...Bringing Weather To Life|